Shifts: 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Rate: Competitive wage rate
Education and Experience
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Completion of a recognized Food Service Supervisor course is desirable.
- Minimum two years of experience as a cook or assistant cook in a health care facility or other larger institutions.
- Knowledge of equipment necessary in quantity food preparation.
- Knowledgeable in the areas of therapeutic diets and texture modification.
- Certificate in Safe Food Handling.
- Must possess the ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships.
- Ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the job.
Must have a demonstrated ability in the following areas:
- Preparation of a variety of foods acceptable and enjoyable to all.
- Ability to satisfactorily maintain a high standard of service and cleanliness.
- Ability to keep residents’ matters strictly confidential and exercise courtesy and cooperation towards residents/coworkers/visitors and other staff.
- Courtesy and tact in dealing with residents, staff and visitors.
- Ability to operate equipment/appliances.
Position Summary: Under the Direction of the Dietary Supervisor, the Cook performs assigned routine duties related to the preparation and service of appetizing food in accordance with standardized recipes, menu and diet requirements, sanitation, safety regulations and food service standards. The Cook maintains good working relationships with all other departments and participates in pertinent meetings as deemed necessary. The Cook also maintains a safe and clean environment. All responsibilities for this position will be consistent with the Resident Bill or Rights, mission, philosophy and policies and procedures established by the Administrator and the Board of Directors of George M. Guimond Care Centre Inc. The manner and behavior in which the Cook carries out the specified duties is reflected on the facility, therefore, professionalism, confidentiality, empathy, courtesy and tact must always be maintained.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Posting Date: January 12, 2023
Start Date: To be determined
George M. Guimond Care Centre Inc.
Box 308 Pine Falls, Manitoba
This position is subject to a Reference Check, Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector, Child Abuse and Adult Abuse Registry Check.