Sagkeeng Anicinabe government has a current opening for a Director of Health.
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, The Director of Health is responsible for the day-to-day management, operational effectiveness and financial performance of the Fort Alexander Health Centre. The Director provides leadership in proposing and administering a comprehensive health program and cohesive team of professionals which effectively identifies and addresses the community needs. The Director also develops collaborative working relations with multiple public and private agencies to initiate and participate with community projects focusing on public health services.
- Ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the Fort Alexander health agreement with Health Canada;
- Develop an annual plan of healthcare projects and manage the projects within budget;
- Establish effective working relationships with other local agencies and departments to ensure that public health priorities are acted upon;
- After reviewing health literature and consulting with staff and others in collaboration with the health center leadership, develop a strategic plan and community-based health initiatives, best practices and policies aimed at the prevention of disease and promotion of health that reflect the goals, objectives and needs of the community;
- Oversee the coordination, delivery and quality of programs to ensure they are consistent with the strategic plan;
- Monitor and evaluate service delivery of programs to identify quality and effectiveness and ensure they are equitable, respectful and delivered with due regard for culture and tradition;
- In collaboration with staff, provide direction and coordination for Health Education and Facilitation of the Health programs to community members;
- Provides support to the Board of Directors by advising and informing Board Members of the annual budget requests;
- Prepare and deliver interim reports concerning budget performance to all stakeholders;
- In conjunction with senior employees provide analysis on changes in government policies, legislation, and funding and identify potential impacts on the community;
- Provide tools, direction, resources and feedback to management team;
- Supports operation and administration of the board, by planning, and preparing for Board Meetings and serving and assisting various Board committees as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health or Social Services or related field combined with extensive relevant experience will be considered
- Minimum 5 – 10 years related work experience in the health and/or Social Services field,
- Must have previous experience in a management or supervisory role,
- Must have previous experience or knowledge in managing budgets,
- Experience in the development of plans, proposals, and making presentations;
- First Aid and CPR certification;
- Knowledge and understanding of First Nations culture, community and social-economic issues;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written);
- Strong computer skills including experience working with computer software applications such as MS Office;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Ability to effectively deal with the public;
- Able to think critically and possess strong facilitation and presentation skills;
- Ability to work in a high stress, high pressure environment and to lead change;
- Understanding of and experience with First Nation administrators;
Application deadline: September 29, 2023
Applicants MUST submit:
- Cover letter/ résumé
- Criminal record check
- Vulnerable sectors check
- Child abuse registry (or proof of application)
Box 8, Fort Alexander, MB
Résumés can be mailed to the above address, emailed to email@example.com or dropped off at the SETS Office.
LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
Applicants must demonstrate in their résumésor cover letter how they meet the requirements of the position.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED