The Sagkeeng Health Centre is hiring a Medical Clerk to assist with answering phones, responding to community member questions, and to support the Sagkeeng Health Centre team with administrative tasks.
- Answer phones and greet patients in a friendly, patient, and respectful manner
- Support patients by promptly responding to their inquiries and supporting their needs using good customer service practices
- Schedule patients for service providers on a daily basis and confirm appointments as necessary.
- Ensure patient charts, paperwork and reports are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Update patient records regularly to ensure they have the most accurate and up to date information on each respective patient
- Lead patients to service provider work areas
- Maintain medical and office supply inventory by ordering new supplies and equipment as needed
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of client files and personal health information
- Training and/or previous experience as a Health Unit Clerk or Medical Office Assistant or equivalent is a major asset
- Previous experience answering phones is a major asset
- Previous experience using EMR or digital charting systems is an asset
- High level of organization and an ability to work independently to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Very high proficiency in customer service is required
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills and ability to handle difficult and challenging situations,
- Knowledge of First Nations culture and awareness of the health and social challenges within First Nations communities,
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel programs as well as computers in general
Application deadline: September. 29, 2023
Interested applicants must submit:
- Resume along with a cover letter
- Criminal Record Check
- Vulnerable Sectors Check
Box 8, Fort Alexander, MB
Cover letters and résumés can be mailed to the above address or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or dropped off at the Sagkeeng Government Office.
LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants without current/updated contact information may be removed from the competition.