Tantalum Mining Corporation (TANCO) owned by Sinomine (Hong Kong) Rare Metal Resources Co. Ltd. is a mining and manufacturing company located 60 kilometers Northeast of Lac du Bonnet, Manitoba. Employees reside in Lac du Bonnet, Pinawa and the surrounding area. These areas offer safe, family-orientated living, excellent schools, services, and affordable housing just over an hour’s drive of Winnipeg.
We are seeking a dedicated Safety Coordinator to join our team! This role focuses on ensuring the highest standards of safety and health compliance, adhering to both provincial and federal regulations across our operations. The ideal candidate will be instrumental in fostering a culture of safety, promoting best practices through comprehensive training and effective communication.
• Conduct thorough audits and inspections, translating findings into detailed reports to ensure adherence to legislative requirements and alignment with our company standards.
• Deliver engaging presentations, and conduct safety and health training sessions and orientations.
• Maintain and update safety documentation to meet current ISO standards and relevancy.
• Serve as a go-to resource for safety-related inquiries and initiatives.
• Review and assess the applicability of SH&E regulatory requirements.
• Collaborate effectively with consultants, contractors, and regulatory bodies.
• Support various departments by contributing to safety and health initiatives.
• Oversee industrial hygiene assessments and manage detailed hazard analyses.
• Contribute to the company’s Process Safety Management efforts.
• Technical: Acquire and maintain a thorough understanding of SH&E compliance, including the Workplace Safety and Health Act, Mines Regulation, etc.
• Behavioral: Efficiently manage multiple safety and health priorities, fostering collaboration across all levels of the organization to enhance SH&E performance.
• A post-secondary degree/certificate/diploma in Safety, Health, and Environment or a related field.
• A minimum of five years of experience in safety and health roles within Industrial, Mining, or Chemical industries. Candidates with four years of industry experience and two years in SH&E roles are also encouraged to apply.
• Experience working in an underground mining setting considered a strong asset.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• A keen eye for detail and a strong commitment to meeting deadlines.
• Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• RSO certification is an asset but not mandatory.
• Company events
• Company pension
• Dental care
• Disability insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Extended health care
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vision care
• Wellness program
Ability to commute/relocate:
• Bernic Lake, MB R0E 1A0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required).
License/certification: Valid Drivers License (required).
How to apply: Please send an email with your resume and cover letter to Raquel Lodge at firstname.lastname@example.org