Sagkeeng Education Authority is currently hiring teachers for all levels for the 2024-2025 school year.
Reporting to the School Principals the teacher is an integral member of the educational team and is actively involved with developing the School’s Programs and curricula and ensuring they are implemented in a way that maximizes student‐learning experiences. Teachers also work with other educational professionals and staff and provide supervision and evaluation of all students within his/her teaching assignment.
Compensation for teaching staff is very comparable with other school districts throughout the province.
- Work collaboratively with administration and other educators to plan, organize, and adapt lessons to meet the needs of the students while meeting the requirements of the curriculum for the subjects taught,
- Assess students’ skills to determine their needs and to develop appropriate teaching plans,
- Prepare subject material and course content for presentation according to the approved curriculum,
- Teach students through lectures, discussions, audio-visual presentations as well as laboratory, shop and field studies as required,
- Work with students as required either in a one-on-one, small group and whole group setting and provide tutoring assistance and support the student’s academic success,
- Ensure the students have a positive, and encouraging classroom environment and a healthy educational experience,
- Develop appropriate evaluation methods. Prepare, administer and evaluate tests or other evaluation methods,
- Evaluate the progress of students and discuss student’s progress with parents, counsellors, administration and school officials as required,
- Participate in staff meetings, educational conferences, teacher training workshops, and other activities as required and assigned,
- May require working extracurricular hours,
- Other duties within scope of the position as required.
- Bachelor of Education preferred, though a combination of relevant education, training, and experience may be considered,
- Must be certified or eligible for certification by Manitoba Education to teach students,
- Proven ability to create an efficient working relationship with other education personnel including the ability to work collaboratively with others in a participative environment and also independently as required,
- Familiarity, experience and comfort with the subject material they are to teach as well as an ability to learn and use new topics and teaching methods,
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills,
- Attention to detail and the ability to write and present detailed reports,
- Proficient in maintaining efficient classroom management,
- Highly motivated and committed to student learning,
- Good team work ethics and ability to act as a role model to youth and as such it is imperative that you are living a healthy, drug-free lifestyle,
- Ability to work with minimal supervision,
- Possess good working ethics and habits (punctuality and attendance)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with respect to all matters pertaining to students, staff and families in all verbal and written communications,
- Experience in conflict resolution is an asset,
- Experience working with children with special needs is an asset,
- Familiarity and/or knowledge of technology is an asset,
- Valid driver’s licence and a reliable automobile.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 5th, 2024
Interested applicants must submit:
- a cover letter / resume,
- Child Abuse Registry Check (or proof of application
- Vulnerable Sectors Check
- Photocopy of driver’s license
1610 Pine Falls, MB
Resumes can be mailed to the above address, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off at the SEA administrative office Located at Sagkeeng Arena second floor
LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED